Data Integrations includes a sophisticated column mapping feature to ensure that the data transferred back to Salesforce fits your specific needs.
1. Start by selecting the Salesforce or Eloqua fields you wish to write to, using the drop down menu in the left column.
2. Using the middle column, select the operation that best fits your needs.
3. In the right column, select the Original Salesforce or Eloqua data, ZoomInfo column, or a specific input value you wish to map to your CRM or marketing automation system.
4. If you are exporting a Person Search to your CRM as new Contacts, change the Account ID field operation to say “Provide value.” Then select the account you wish to associate the contacts with.
Note: The column mapping tool will automatically save your settings to be used with your next export. You may reset this at any time by clicking on “Use default mapping."
ZoomInfo supports complex conditional mapping to a single field. Below is a detailed example of how to do this using phone numbers. In this example, the customer is mapping data to Salesforce and does not want to overwrite any existing data in their contact records, but would like to insert a direct dial phone number if they do not have one.
Furthermore, if the contact record has no phone number, and ZoomInfo does not have a direct dial number on file, they would like to insert a company phone number.
1. In the left column, select the Salesforce field for “Phone.”
2. Using the middle column, select the operation “Map to ZoomInfo field.”
3. In the right column, select the input value for the Original Salesforce data “Phone” field.
4. Using the button at the bottom of the window, click “Map additional field.
5. Repeat steps 1 and 2 in the new row that appears.
6. In the right column, select the input value for the ZoomInfo column “Direct Phone Number.”
7. Next, using the button at the bottom of the window, click “Map additional field” again.
8. Repeat steps 1 and 2 in the new row that appears.
9. In the right column, select the input value for the ZoomInfo column “Company Phone Number.”
The result of this operation is as follows:
Pre-existing Salesforce phone numbers for Enhanced records will be overwritten with phone numbers from your original import file. This means, if you are not using a current import file, any changes you’ve made in Salesforce between your original import and this export will be reverted back to their original values.
If there is no pre-existing phone number fora particular contact record, and ZoomInfo has a direct dial number on file, that record will be updated with the ZoomInfo direct dial phone number.
If there is no pre-existing phone number for a particular record, and ZoomInfo does not have a direct dial phone number on file, the company phone number will be written to the phone field.
If there is no existing phone number for the record, and ZoomInfo does not have a direct dial phone number, or a company phone number, the phone number for this contact record will remain unchanged.
Exports under 4,000 records are processed on the spot. This typically takes one minute or less. Exports over 4,000 records take some time to process. You will be notified via email once processing is complete.
In the event that your export failed, or that an error occurred, you will be notified via email. A detailed error log will be attached.Depending on the nature of what occurred,you may want to notify your Salesforce administrator to assist you in troubleshooting.You may also contact our Customer Success team at 781.693.7575, or by email at email@example.com.
Contact our award-winning customer care team.