Setting up the ZoomInfo/Salesforce integration makes it possible to quickly send records from ZoomInfo Business Edition and ReachOut to create Salesforce Leads, Contacts, and Accounts as needed. All users who wish to do this must confirm with their Salesforce Admin that the Rest API has been enabled in the back end of Salesforce.
Note: if you have questions about your Rest API, please contact Salesforce Support, your Salesforce Account Admin, or the Salesforce Developer for your organization.
- Log into www.zoominfo.com/login
- Click your name at the top right and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Integrations tab on the left and select Connect under the Salesforce tile.
- A new window will populate, prompting you to sign in with your Salesforce credentials.
Note: Make sure you have pop-up blockers disabled on your current tab in order to see this window. If you're unsure how to do this, please see our disabling pop-up blocker tutorial.
- After entering your credentials you should receive a successful notification. Congratulations, you're connected and can automate data entry from ZoomInfo to Salesforce!
Important notes if unable to connect:
The Salesforce Rest API is included with Force.com, Enterprise, Developer, Performance, and Unlimited Editions. If you have any other version of Salesforce, access will need to be purchased from your Salesforce Account manager
If you do not have the Rest API, you can install our native application into Salesforce directly. Click here to learn how to install and configure this application.
Please contact the ZoomInfo support team for info on this at email@example.com or calling 866-904-9666 Option 2.
Export Preferences (Admin Only)
Note: to complete these steps, make sure you've connected to your Salesforce CRM. If you have not done this yet, follow the connecting steps above!
To limit what objects can be exported:
- Within Admin Portal: Navigate to the Integrations tab and select 'Manage' under the Salesforce tile.
- Make sure you're on the General tab & select each object type you want your users to be able to export to Salesforce
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Note: these changes are made across all users under your organization's ZoomInfo instance.
Custom Mapping (Admins Only)
- Within Admin Portal: Navigate to the Integrations page and click Manage under the Salesforce tile.
- Click on the Mapping tab at the top left. Accounts, Contacts, & Leads must be mapped individually and they can be found directly below the mapping tab.
Note: These original mappings are considered are default mappings
- The ZoomInfo fields will be on the left with your external fields listed on the right. For each field, you can choose whether ZoomInfo data overwrites your existing data or only fills in when the information is missing under the Update Option column.
Note: Any required fields within your Salesforce will be marked with a red asterisk and all values listed under the Salesforce Field column come directly from your Salesforce instance.
- You can remove any nonrequired fields by clicking the trash icon to the right within that field's row or add additional fields by clicking Add Row at the bottom of the page.
Note: Removing fields means that we will not be sending that data over to Salesforce.
- After setting the mappings, make sure to click Verify and Save at the bottom of the mapping page for each object.
Note: to successfully verify and save, make sure no fields are left blank.
- If the mappings are correctly set, you'll receive a successful notification at the bottom of the page.
- If the mappings are not set correctly, you'll receive an error notification informing you which field needs to be adjusted.
Note: if you have secondary required fields set up for a specific HubSpot field you won't be able to map to that field.
Setting hierarchies of what data is populated within a certain Salesforce field:
- Select the same field in the Salesforce column for each ZoomInfo field
- The first occurrence of the Salesforce field will be number 1 and the second will reflect number 2
What this means:
When users are exporting to Salesforce, the Direct Phone will map to the Business Phone, but in the case that a specific contact does not have a Direct Phone then we will send the Company Phone to the Business Phone in your Salesforce.