Whether you have a set list of accounts to go after or you're trying to find new personas or decision makers at accounts already in your CRM, Target Accounts gives you the ability to upload a list of companies and use our search engine to find new contacts at these identified companies.
Uploading a File
- Click on Target Accounts on the left-hand navigation menu. Next, select the “Upload a List of Companies” button at the top of the page.
- You can choose to upload a list or select from My Lists.
Note: When uploading a list, it must be in a CSV format
- The default name will use the original list name and add “-TA” to the end, but you can change the name of this list and add an optional description.
- Map your file fields (column headers) to the corresponding ZoomInfo fields. A minimum of two fields must be mapped to complete this step unless you map Company Name, URL, or Zoom Company ID - these can be mapped alone.
Pro Tip: for better match rates, include URL's on all files!
- Select 'Submit' and your file will begin processing. When ready, you'll receive an email notification and can open the list
Viewing Match Lists
The most recent target account list is at the top. If you are having trouble finding your list, you can also use the “Search Target Accounts” field in the top right.
To view the list:
- Open the list by clicking on the list name
- At the top right, you'll see the number of Contacts matched and the number of Companies matched
- To group results by the companies that were matched to simply click the box next to Group by Company.
Once you've found your ideal contacts, there are several options to export the data out of ZoomInfo.
Exporting to Excel
- Select the contacts you wish to export by individually checking the box to the left of their collapsed contact card or selecting the entire page of contacts.
- Select Export from the top navigation bar and Excel from the drop down.
- The export window will have 4 tabs to allow you to fill in additional information before exporting the list. Note: To navigate to between tabs simply click on the tab name at the top of the page.
- The General tab allows you to name your list, select whether you want only the selected contacts or all of the results included in the list, and whether to include a preview file or not.
Note: Exclude My Contacts is already selected to suppress out any contacts that you've exported within the last 6 months.
- The Suppression and Limits tabs allow you to upload suppression lists and place limits on the results that will be on your exported file.
- The Add Fields tab gives you the ability to include fields that were on your original file on the exported file from ZoomInfo.
- Select Export when finished.
Note: Excel exports cannot exceed 500,000 records.
- Once the list is ready for download you'll receive an email notification from us. The list can be found in My Lists where you can either preview the file or redeem your list.
Exporting to External Systems
- Select the individual records you wish to export.
- Click Export on the top navigation bar and select the integration you want the information to go to.
- If the record is exported successfully you'll receive a notification at the bottom of the page.
- If the record is a duplicate you'll receive a duplication detection message.
Exporting to Email
- Select the records you wish to export.
- Click on Export in the top navigation bar and select Email.
- You'll be asked to confirm that you'd like to use data credits for these records and a successful message will temporarily show at the bottom of the page.
- The records will be sent to your email with the ability to add them to your address book.
Viewing Exported Lists in ZoomInfo
Once you've exported a list to Excel, you can pull that list again in ZoomInfo to easily edit as needed.
- Go to Target Accounts and look for exported lists, their Source should reflect Target Accounts Export
Note: these list names will also end in EXP
- Click the three dots under Actions and select Open List
- Your results with applied filters will open, allowing you to remove/add filters as needed.